American rapper Schoolboy Q

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor schoolboy q
Quincy Matthew Hanley was born on October 26 1986. Quincy also known as Schoolboy Q is an American rapper from South Central Los Angeles, California. Schoolboy Q is a member of rap group Black Hippy which rapper Kendrick Lamar is a member too. Schoolboy had a hard live when he was younger. He was member of an streetgang and hing all day on the street. He says that you are in your prime being 17 till 21 years old in an gang. His father worked in the army, his mother left and moved with Quincy to Texas before moving to California. Quincy planned to be an succesfull athlete when he was younger. He was an American football player until he was 21 years old. "I was gang-banging at 12. I was a Hoover Crip. My homies were doing it and I wanted to do it. I can't really explain that. I didn't get into it with another hood or anything like that. I was just following the leader.". 

Schoolboy Q tells in an interview with Power 106 Los Angeles that smoking weed is helping him raising his doughter. Many people don't liked that comment of Schoolboy, but the rapper thinks that nothing is wrong with smoking if it helps you in daily activity. Also the rapper says there are two types of weed. Indica and trash weed, sativa weed is trash if you ask Schoolboy. The arist does have a very big fanbase that support the rapper and think he hasn't changed a bit in all these years.

Over the years Schoolboy Q developed and became a more various artist then he was before. His influences in rap music are: East Coast, 50 Cent, Nas, Jay-Z and The Notorious B.I.G. Schoolboy said:"I got my rhyme style from Jay-Z though. If you really listen to Jay-Z, he has a new sound every time he raps. It's never the same. He might use a little swag, but it's always like a different flow. So that's all I try to do." His more aggresive style of rapping he got from listining to 50 Cent. Schoolboy Q said in an interview with Noisey: "This generation of rappers can really be like entertainers instead of just looking at us like thugs, we're entertainers which we really are and entertain people to be more better then we do. We're we come from it's hard to succeed, five minutes away from here it doesn't look as good like this. (pointing to a place in his own hood). Some of them are really hustling because they have to. For me everything I see is not shocking to me, I dont have to go to Africa to see kids starving, I go to the East Side, you know?" 

On the question if Gangsta rap still is populair he answers: “You don’t hear Gangsta rap no more. Like my new album is Gangsta rap, you can argue about Nipsey hussle being an Gansta rapper. YG albums are Gansta rap, Snoop Dogg and Dr.Dre made the real Gangsta rap ”

Schoolboy is currently signed with label Interscope Records. Over the years Schoolboy Q dropped these albums: ScHoolboy Turned Hrustla, Gangsta & Soul, Setbacks, Habits & Contradictions, Oxymoron and Blank Face LP.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rapper Lil Uzi Vert

Tyga

New Hiphop Music