new rapper from New York

Reason why you should put me on your website.  Hey my name is Derek G Ruiz I’m a 16 year old rapper from Amityville, New York and first and foremost I’d like to thank you for choosing me to be on your website. As I said my name is Derek Ruiz but my stage name is Deezy the Ralph Lauren Don, the name came to me when my friend Luis G nicknamed me that because of how much i idolize my favorite rapper Kanye West the second portion of my name came from my love of the brand Polo Ralph Lauren I consider myself a Lo-Life. I was born July 19 2001 I was born in El Salvador then one year later moved to queens when I was the age of 4 I remember my older brother Edgar Esquivel playing a track from Kanye called through the wire. To me my big brother influences me the most when it comes to either fashion or music it self he put me on to so much music other than rap. When I was little I was looked down upon by my other brothers and my aunties believed I wouldn’t amount to anything which fuels me on a day to day basis to reach my goal. Eventually I moved to amityville where my rapping career would eventually start and where I would meet great people that would influence my life and the pursuit of my dream. While I was in 8th grade i rediscovered my idol and the rap genre as a whole and listened to The yeezus album which in my opinion is a great album. The thought of me rapping never occurred to me at this point but during my lunch period I would do rap cyphers with my friends for fun and always come up with something clever to say. My friend Michael Gordon said I should really rap which I took into consideration but never started writing songs I just continued to freestyle. Over the summer of that year music inspired me so much I started writing my first songs which I would scrap but during August I would start writing my first tape “Rap to its finest”. This tape would go through many changes and phases and at one point I believed I should just give up but I still persisted. The tape originally consisted of 11 tracks then I reduced it too 9 the tracks consisted of what people would consider the old soul sound of rap such as land of treasure where I rap about how money and chains are nothing and my other track last show where I rap about how I won’t give up on my ambition even tho I’m looked down upon by everybody. Around this time in 9th grade I became a close friend with legions record Shoguns J Tesla who pushed me to expand my lyricism and flow. Back to The tape it would take me 6 months to complete but would take a full year to record this tape because the lack of equipment I had. During my first year of high school I started letting it be known that I’m a rapper but I wasn’t taking seriously then on January 1st 2017 I dropped the long awaited tape rap to its finest, but that didn’t get me noticed until I dropped my first single terror which got me recognition of the rest of legion where I would get to know some of my closet friends. Ever since I’ve joined legion I got more recognition and people took me a little more seriously of my rapping. Since then I decided to start writing my second tape “Rainy days in the ville” which represents my point of view of amityville. The tape consists of 11 tracks which starts off with one of my best songs “love vibes”. The whole tape is considered to have a R&B type style of slow flows but the aggressive MCing of New York Based Rap. What makes my music diverse is I try and switch up the sound of how my music is to make it not sound dull or too repetitive. Around this time I joined the group 701 sound (which consists of Rdia Tahir and me) which is still under Legion records. This was suppose to be the last tape I drop for the year until around June I’ve gone through severe heartbreak and depression and contemplated taking my own life yet I took to music and made my most experimental tape “Sunny days cloudy thoughts”. This tape took me 2 days to write and 2 weeks to record and came out very quickly the tape went back to 9 tracks and plays out as a play of sorts which every song gets more darker and sadder yet around the end a light changes and happiness is found. The tape contains features from J Tesla and Kage (aka kaution). Throughout the summer I’ve met some great collaborators one of them my producer who also rap known as Notata me and him would drop the track “wild younglins” which showed I can switch up my sound once again and trap/rap and another track “Kings thieves” where Notata would seal that me and him make the Duo Lighting & thunder. Me and him would perform these 2 tracks at the revolution bar in amityville which would be both our first time performing. During this time I dropped My EP the Ralph Lauren Don EP which consists of 5 tracks which includes lonely produced by Notata which I rap about how I’m still the most under appreciated in my group and record and the rest of the EP consist of bragging and rapping about Clothes and money which contradicts land of treasure from my first tape. People took notice and started saying they miss the “old Deezy” because of the attention I’m giving more to the sound and flow instead of versatility of bars. Yet during the end of September I dropped facts which solidifys that I’m still the same me and my new tape “redemption” will be dropping next year February 2nd which will include 23 tracks and many features so stay tune 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rapper Lil Uzi Vert

Tyga

New Hiphop Music